Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Crayon Physics

I thought I'd stick this up, partly because I think it's amazing and partly so I don't forget about it, which shouldn't happen anyway!

This is a game designed and made by Petri Puhro, a student games developer who aims to make prototype games within a week. I see it almost as a graphically simplified version of LittleBigPlanet which I've posted about previously. To me this would be a good introduction to modelling and I believe the final version will come with a level editor meaning game design could be worked on. While I still think LittleBigPlanet will be the ultimate tool for these things, Crayon Physics will provide a simpler and cheaper alternative.

Here is a video demonstrating what Puhro calls the "deluxe" version on a tablet pc, but picture it working on your whiteboards!



Even better though, here is a link to the kloonigames blog where you can read about it and best of all download a prototype of this game, much more basic than the video shows, but still, you can see the potential for yourself!
http://www.kloonigames.com/blog/games/crayon/

No comments: